I am currently working with a rapidly growing Bristol based business that also has offices in the US. After acquisition the plans are to continue to grow the business internationally and venture into new markets, and as such early this year they introduced a new finance function to their offices in Bristol.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Management Accountant / Finance Manager to join the business on a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months, in part cover maternity leave and also to assist in the continued development of the finance department. This role is not a direct replacement for the person going on maternity leave (the Assistant Accountant) but will cover some as their duties as well as supporting the CFO in other areas. As mention above, this is a newly founded finance team that currently consists of the CFO and the Assistant Accountant, so this role will be instrumental in helping to embed new finance software (MS Business Central), processes and controls.
Given the size of the finance team you will be exposed to a wide variety of accounting duties as below:
- Day to day management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ledgers including document posting.
- Daily bank reconciliations, postings and trouble-shooting and maintaining records to support cash flow forecasting.
- Supporting customer billing and revenue analysis.
- Manage the employee expenses process.
- Month End close for owned areas including reconciliations, journals and reports.
- Produce Management Accounts and other reports for internal use and Board packs. (P&L, BS, Variance Analysis etc.)
- Support interim and year end audits.
- Prepare documentation for VAT returns.
- Providing an excellent internal service to colleagues to ensure they engage with and adhere to evolving financial controls.
- Contribute to the development of processes for our new financial system, expenses management and other reporting systems.
- Support Payroll process as required.
- Ad-hoc transactions, analysis and reports.
- Financial Administration related to the running of an effective finance function.
As you can see by the above list of duties, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants an all-round varied role where you can truly make an impact. In order to do so you will “know what good looks like” in terms of finance and business process, and be able to demonstrate this.
In order to be successful in your application for this role you will ideally be ACCA/CIMA/AAT qualified, or currently doing your studies, and have exposure to most if not all of the above duties. You will also hold strong MS Excel skills, and ideally have exposure to MS Business Central or MS Dynamics.
Salary is dependent on your experience and your acquired level of study and can be negotiable.
This is a brand new role, and as such further details on the business and growth plan can be provided upon request. If you are interested please do get in touch ASAP as it is expected that this opportunity will not be around long.
Projected start date: November 2020
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.