As Financial Controller reporting directly to the General Manager of this manufacturing site within the food industry, you will play an important role across the business,which manufactures a diverse range of products for both the UK and International markets
You will of course have overall responsibility for all aspects of financial control , financial and management accounting ,group reporting and budgetary control.
People management will be a key aspect of your role with responsibility for finance, payroll plus an additional small department external to the finance function
Key responsibilities are below and this role will suit someone who enjoys working in a highly commercial environment with a strong management team in situ.
- Provide General Manager and management team with timely and relevant management information, and accounts highlighting opportunities for profit and improvement
- Ensure maintenance of accounting records according to highest professional standards, practices and compliance with relevant legislation
- Produce annual accounts with all required regulatory returns in addition to working with external auditors, insurers, suppliers and customers
- Provide leadership and management for financial team members, including identification of training needs through effective performance management
- Ensure effective financial control environment
- Ensure appropriate and timely invoices and receipts of payments. Support other departments in processing all necessary documentation for invoices administration
- Ensure accurate, timely and appropriate payments against satisfactory proof of purchase and receipt
- Assist in commercial pricing and safeguard the company’s profitability
This role will suit someone who is keen to deliver a positive impact in their role, through great team management and performance ,providing clear direction and goals ,commercially aware and highly focussed on achievement.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a successfully privately owned group which will offer a chance to use your commercial and technical accounting and people management skills then this is an excellent role. This position could suit an experienced fully qualified Financial Controller or Management Accountant with Manufacturing industry experience looking to take the next step in their career.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.