My client who is based in Highbirdge have a new permanent opportunity for a Design Coordinator to join them due to continued growth. To assist the Design Team Manager and Designers with the clarification of the Client’s Design and Manufacturing requirements from enquiry through to completion, whilst complying with the Quality, Health and Safety procedures of the Company.
- Maintain drawing and documentation filing system to the required standards.
- Copy and issue design office documentation to the required standards within previously agreed timescales.
- Organise and manage resources to complete specifications and any other documentation to the required standards within the required deadline, highlighting conflicts to the line manager.
- To provide general project team assistance
- To co-ordinate the flow of information to the design team
- To review technical specification documents and highlight any concerns to the relevant manager
- To manage the project handover process from sales to design and commercial
- To oversee the drawing/document control and issue
- To organise the ‘First Off’ inspection process
- Maintain a robust document management system
- To oversee the development of project programmes
- Monitor and report on design progress against the contract programme
- Liaise with external clients and architects
- Work closely with the factory personnel to ensure optimum design and buildability of the product
Education: GCSE A* to C or equivalent in English
Experience: Experience of programme interpretation and reporting. Experience within a construction, engineering or production environment would be advantageous, but not essential. Experience of project co-ordination at assistant level in a relevant business environment
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Ability to interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
- Good people management skills
- Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
- A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing day-to-day tasks.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Very competitive salary.
If you would like to apply for this role then please send your cv to me today.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.