I am currently working with a fast growing Bristol (Emersons Green) based business that also has offices in the US. After acquisition the plans are to continue to grow the business internationally, and as such growth is required within the finance team. The newly created role of Assistant Accountant will work with the CFO in the finance department, looking to enhance the delivery of financial information to the Board and Senior Management Team.
As such you will be exposed to a wide variety of accounting duties as below:
- Day to day management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ledgers including document posting.
- Daily bank reconciliations, postings and trouble-shooting and maintaining records to support cash flow forecasting.
- Supporting customer billing and revenue analysis.
- Manage the employee expenses process.
- Month End close for owned areas including reconciliations, journals and reports.
- Produce reports for internal use and Board packs.
- Support interim and year end audits.
- Prepare documentation for VAT returns.
- Providing an excellent internal service to colleagues to ensure they engage with and adhere to evolving financial controls.
- Contribute to the development of processes for our new financial system, expenses management and other reporting systems.
- Support Payroll process as required.
- Ad-hoc transactions, analysis and reports.
- Financial Administration related to the running of an effective finance function.
As you can see by the above list of duties, this is a fantastic opportunity to further expand your skill set within finance, and grow with the business as it continues to develop new markets.
In order to be successful in your application for this role you will need to be AAT qualified, or at least in the final year of your AAT studies, and have exposure to most if not all of the about duties. You will also hold strong MS Excel skills and be adaptable to new finance systems. Salary is therefore negotiable dependant on your experience and your acquired level of study.
If you are interested please do get in touch ASAP as it is expected that this opportunity will not be around long.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.