Our established client, based on the outskirts of Weston-super-Mare, is searching for an Sales Ledger Assistant / Credit Controller to join their team on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to ensure the accuracy of financial information and supporting data to suppliers, customers and staff.
- Raising invoices for UK and international sales in accordance with relevant tax laws
- Reconciling customer accounts - sending reports to customers and analysing and resolving variances
- Chasing outstanding invoices with customers, ensuring all invoice queries are handled efficiently to ensure on time payment
- Monitoring customer credit limits and flagging potential shortfalls
- Dealing with Cashflow planning, maintaining accurate and up to date information
- Reconciling the sales ledger in a timely manner.
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations to support the Finance Manager, including bank accounts, ledgers, credit cards and petty cash
- Assisting with monthly VAT return and foreign tax reporting
- Using an invoice discounting system
- Supporting the rest of the finance team
- Ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will be an excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills, able to work to tight deadlines and have comprehensive Excel experience. Attention to detail and accuracy are essential for this position.
This is an exciting position in a vibrant, and ethical company. You will need to be flexible as well as having the ability to communicate with non-financial individuals. The ideal candidate will thrive under pressure and relish a very busy office environment.
Salary dependent on experience from £18k to £22k, with an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Standard working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch.
If you feel you are suitable for this role then please apply and we look forward to receiving your application.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.